cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ligia_alves
Community Member

front page for courses

Jump to solution

Can someone please give me the steps to create the front page. I added a page by clicking on pages and the adding.

The problem is that when I go into the course via dashboard in canvas, the page I created shows like a closed file. I want it to open when the students click on the course.

Please help!

Ligia M. Alves MA

Spanish Teacher 

Sterling  Academy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ligia_alves ,

This is a two step process.  You will need to set that page as the Front Page and then use the Choose Home Page feature to select that Front Page:

How do I set a Front Page in a course?

How do I change the Course Home Page?

Robbie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ligia_alves ,

This is a two step process.  You will need to set that page as the Front Page and then use the Choose Home Page feature to select that Front Page:

How do I set a Front Page in a course?

How do I change the Course Home Page?

Robbie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. The front page is what appears as soon as the student logs into the course?

When I click on the courses like Spanish I, I don’t see the page that I created. I have to go to pages and click there to find the page that I created.

Ligia

@ligia_alves ,

Once you are on the Pages tool with the list of pages you have created, click the Settings icon (three vertical dots) adn choose the Use as Front Page option. 

321658_Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 1.47.22 PM.png

Once you hav done that, you can then go back to your Home Page, click the Choose Home Page button and select Pages From Page.

Robbie