Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

gradebook "headings"?

Jump to solution

I have a teacher who has a gradebook with "headings" that I can't get rid of and don't know where they came from. What is this?

302314_pastedImage_1.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi scunningham@caschools.us 

These are the Assignment Group headings.

All Canvas assignments must be in at least one Assignment Group, with Canvas creating a default group titled "Assignments". In the Gradebook, Assignment Groups display as a subtotal column just before the Total Column. Faculty can create more Assignment Groups, and even delete the default group if not needed.  Assignment Groups are a great tool for organizing graded content, and teachers can weight those groups and even apply certain rules to them.

You can learn more about Assignment Groups in the Assignments chapter of the Instructor Guide, and specifically at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10149-415241291 

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi scunningham@caschools.us 

These are the Assignment Group headings.

All Canvas assignments must be in at least one Assignment Group, with Canvas creating a default group titled "Assignments". In the Gradebook, Assignment Groups display as a subtotal column just before the Total Column. Faculty can create more Assignment Groups, and even delete the default group if not needed.  Assignment Groups are a great tool for organizing graded content, and teachers can weight those groups and even apply certain rules to them.

You can learn more about Assignment Groups in the Assignments chapter of the Instructor Guide, and specifically at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10149-415241291 

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Oh my goodness, thank you so much. I can't believe I missed this. I really appreciate the help and insight and suggestions on how to fully utilize the feature.