rhammer
Community Novice

Are letter grade automatically assigned based on a student's final percentage?

How exactly do I submit final grades for my students?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @rhammer  Welcome to the Canvas Community. You may not realize it, but you posted your question to a worldwide community of fellow Canvas users where we exchange best practices on using the Canvas LMS, so we are not in a position to answer your second question of submitting final grades to students.  At most institutions, final grades are submitted through the Registrar, and it appears from a quick web search that you can find some information here: Grading | Office of the Registrar  .  Sometimes, grades are automatically submitted through Canvas to the Registrar, so that is definitely one thing you want to find out.

As for your first question of whether grades are automatically based on a student's final percentage, that's another thing to find out within your institution.  The quick answer within Canvas specifically is "no," but one can be created.  You can find more information here: How do I enable a grading scheme for a course? This is done on a course-level basis.  If you're not seeing a letter grade in the student's Total column in your view of the gradebook, that means that there is not one in your course, and you can create one. You will want to find out if your institution has a standard of some sort in place.  

I hope this helps a bit, Randi.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes