how can I import and old syllabus to the new syllabus for the new semester

Jump to solution

how can I import and old syllabus to the new syllabus for the new semester

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

The easiest way will probably be to use the Import Course Content tool within course settings. See this guide for more info: How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?

When using this tool, you can copy the whole course over, or you can just select specific content. In this case, you could choose to only import the syllabus body (the material at the top of the Syllabus page) from your old course into your new course. However, if you have assignments and due dates set up in the old course that populated into the Course Summary at the bottom part of the Syllabus page, you'll need to import those Assignments as well if you want your Syllabus page in the new course to look exactly like the old one.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Surveyor

The easiest way will probably be to use the Import Course Content tool within course settings. See this guide for more info: How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?

When using this tool, you can copy the whole course over, or you can just select specific content. In this case, you could choose to only import the syllabus body (the material at the top of the Syllabus page) from your old course into your new course. However, if you have assignments and due dates set up in the old course that populated into the Course Summary at the bottom part of the Syllabus page, you'll need to import those Assignments as well if you want your Syllabus page in the new course to look exactly like the old one.

View solution in original post

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels