how can i download lockdown browser on a new computer that i am using?

Jump to solution
cspencerlawson4
Community Novice

lockdown browser

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon,  @cspencerlawson4  Thank You for posting your question.  As I understand it, Lockdown Browser is not a browser that you can simply search for using your favorite web search tool (such as Google) and then download it to your PC.  When Lockdown Browser is configured for use in a Canvas course, the instructor is typically given a unique URL that is specific to the school/course.  That link would take students to a website where they can then download Lockdown Browser. If you found a generic version of Lockdown Browser on the web, you wouldn't be able to use that version inside of your Canvas course because the link provided by the instructor is tied to the course/school.  So, if you are a student, you'd need to get this link from your instructor.  If you are an instructor and do not have this link yet, you may need to speak with your school's local Canvas administrator to see how to get the URL.

I hope this helps, Carol.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes