cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jling
Surveyor

how can you order your dashboard to-do list so that oldest assignment submissions come up first?

Jump to solution

The To-do list in the dashboard does not seem to be in any particular order.  I like to grade my oldest submissions first.  I would like a feature to be able to change the settings of how assignments turned in are ordered so you could order by date, by class or by assignment.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jling ​, in regards to the order of the to-do list, I'd recommend checking out this conversation - How is the To-Do List sorted?

As for recommending a feature in Canvas, you'd need to do that in the Canvas Feature Ideas​. For more information see the following - How do I create a new feature idea?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jling ​, in regards to the order of the to-do list, I'd recommend checking out this conversation - How is the To-Do List sorted?

As for recommending a feature in Canvas, you'd need to do that in the Canvas Feature Ideas​. For more information see the following - How do I create a new feature idea?

View solution in original post

skami
Community Member

This is a needed feature...  When you have many assignments to grade, you can not easily tell which are the oldest submitted ones.  It seems to order them by the due date, not the submission date.  I find that some assignments sit for quite a few days before I can get to them.  Students who have submitted the work early do not get feedback in a good response time.  Setting the sort order in speed-grader helps, but you have to go to each assignment to see what was submitted earliest.  With many assignments this is still not adequate.

steven_park
Community Member

It seems like the dashboard to-do list functionality hasn't changed since this question was asked. I can't find a related feature request, but thought I'd check before making the feature--is anyone aware of any way to sort the dashboard to-do list? 

Hi! I can't find a solution to this either, and I can't find it as a feature request. Our teachers need it, though! I hope this problem will be solved in the future...