Jump to solution

how do I add dropbox to an assignment for my students to submit papers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello rhardy@pittstate.edu‌...

By Dropbox, I am assuming that you are wanting to integrate Dropbox.com with your Canvas course so that students can submit files from their own Dropbox account to your Canvas assignment.  That being said, you would need to make sure that the Dropbox LTI has been added to Canvas...either at the course level or the account level.  If you are adding the Dropbox LTI at the course level, you would need to add it to every single course where you'd want your students to submit work from their Dropbox account to you via an assignment.  If you are adding it at the account level, you can do that too (assuming that you are an account admin for your school's Canvas instance).  Keep in mind that if you add the Dropbox LTI at the account level, you'd be adding that integration to every single course in your school's Canvas instance.

If you want to add Dropbox to an individual course, you can follow the directions outlined in this Guide: How do I add an external app in a course?  (You might also want to take a look at this Guide for additional information: How do I use the Canvas App Center in a course?)  Sometimes, LTI apps require a Consumer Key and a Shared Secret (think of these as a Username and Password).  The Dropbox LTI doesn't require either of these, so you should be able to add Dropbox easily to your course.

If you are an admin for your school's Canvas instance, the following Guide should also be of help: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10857-4214121961 

I hope this helps to answer your question, Ricky.  Please let me know if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello rhardy@pittstate.edu‌...

By Dropbox, I am assuming that you are wanting to integrate Dropbox.com with your Canvas course so that students can submit files from their own Dropbox account to your Canvas assignment.  That being said, you would need to make sure that the Dropbox LTI has been added to Canvas...either at the course level or the account level.  If you are adding the Dropbox LTI at the course level, you would need to add it to every single course where you'd want your students to submit work from their Dropbox account to you via an assignment.  If you are adding it at the account level, you can do that too (assuming that you are an account admin for your school's Canvas instance).  Keep in mind that if you add the Dropbox LTI at the account level, you'd be adding that integration to every single course in your school's Canvas instance.

If you want to add Dropbox to an individual course, you can follow the directions outlined in this Guide: How do I add an external app in a course?  (You might also want to take a look at this Guide for additional information: How do I use the Canvas App Center in a course?)  Sometimes, LTI apps require a Consumer Key and a Shared Secret (think of these as a Username and Password).  The Dropbox LTI doesn't require either of these, so you should be able to add Dropbox easily to your course.

If you are an admin for your school's Canvas instance, the following Guide should also be of help: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10857-4214121961 

I hope this helps to answer your question, Ricky.  Please let me know if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks!

Labels