how do I create exam course where students only go to that course for exam purposes

Jump to solution
ChakritSasorn
Community Member

Hi,

I have tried to create a course that is only for exam purposes. Students will only go to that class to take the exam and I will be able to release the grade manually in the main course. How do I do that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@ChakritSasorn 

If I understand you correctly, you want an exam course and a regular course.  For that to occur, your Canvas administrators would have to create the additional exam course.  Once you have that it is somewhat straightforward to do what you want.  in the exam course ou can have the grades for the exams in the grade book there.  Export it and then copy the grades to an assignment in the export of the gradebook of the actual course.  in the actual course you would just create an empty assignment with a name of say Test 1 and give it however many points.  Then copy the grades to that assignment column and import the grade book back.  Of course if you are only talking a small number of students you could just type them in.

If you want the two courses somehow linked together so that the exam results are automatically transferred from one course to the other, I do not think that is possible.

View solution in original post