I am drafting a syllabus; there is no icon (that I recognize) for page break

\

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @james_doranjr ...

Sorry to see that your question has been sitting out here unanswered for quite a while.  Full disclosure, I'm not a coder...so I'm not really sure if this possible or not.  If I am reading your question correctly, you would like to insert a page break on your Syllabus page ... similar to how you can put in page breaks in Word documents when you want to force content to start on a new page.  I was searching the Googles for words like "page", "break", and "html"...and many results came back that appear to require CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).  The Rich Content Editor within Canvas has similar tools to a word processor program such as MS Word, but they are not the same.  In Canvas, you are formatting text for the web...whereas in Word, that's done all off-line (non-web).

All this being said, I would recommend that instead of putting your text within the RCE of the Syllabus....that you link to a Word document within your Syllabus that has the page breaks the way you want them...and students can view and download your file.  Here are a couple Guide for you:

I hope this info will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes