cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agfortino
Community Member

how do I set up a webcast within my course at a given future date that I can invite students and collegues to?

Jump to solution

I want to set up a webcast where I will interview a SME live and have the session attended by students and interested colleagues and then record it so it can be left behind as a resource in my class? Do I do it within my class?  I don't see in conferences where I can set up the date and time form the webcast? Is that the right place? Should I sue CanvasLive?

Andres Fortino

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I found the answer. It is NO I can’t do it within Canvas. I have to use another platform for a “webinar”. I used GoToWebinar.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Andres

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@agfortino ​, depending on what kind of licensing arrangement you have with Big Blue Button (the application behind the Conferences tool), you will either be able to keep the recording for 14 days or permanently. The standard arrangement is that recordings are kept for 14 days, but if you have set up a hosting account with Big Blue Button (at additional cost), you will be able to keep and even download the recording for future use.

These guides show you how to set up and record a Conference:

How do I create a Conference? 

How do I record a Conference?

(I'm sure it's a typo--but please don't "sue CanvasLIVE." :smileysilly:)

agfortino
Community Member

Thanks for your help on my posted question.  But it does not totally help because I am probably asking the wrong question.  I want to promote my class by holding an informational webinar for a wide audience. So I want to set up a webinar not just set up a conference within a class necessarily.

I saw all the great webinars/seminars Dave Nelson provides at Canvas/Instructure.

I am looking to do the same on my subject area of innovation (provide free webinars) as well as use Canvas for my training company. I have a Canvas account, where do I find out how to set up a webinar (synchronous/virtual classroom)?

In other words what tool and how did Dave set up his webinars on Canvas?

And, yes, I meant use... not sue (sorry Sue, not disrespect intendedt)!

Andres Fortino

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@agfortino ​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie

Yes, I found the answer. It is NO I can’t do it within Canvas. I have to use another platform for a “webinar”. I used GoToWebinar.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Andres

View solution in original post