cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

how do i add my second child to an existing canvas account I already have

Jump to solution

I currently have a child on canvas (wonderful tool) I now have a second child in the same school and want to setup canvas for him.....Is there anyway to add him and when I go into canvas I can select which child I want to view or do I need to separate canvas log ins

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! I'm so glad that you find Canvas to be helpful to you and your child!! :smileygrin:

You can add another student to your already-existing account. When you have their pairing code, sign-in to your account from a browser. Then, click Account, then Settings, then Observing. You should see your first child's name on the screen, then a +Student box. In the box, place the pairing code and press the button. 

Last month, I collected a lot of tips for Observers in Clarity for Canvas Observers‌. I'll share one section here for you!

Managing Multiple Students

• Depending on how many students an Observer follows and how many courses are included in the students' enrollments, the dashboard can become overwhelming.
  • Observers can adjust the nicknames for each course, and it will not affect the students' dashboards or Canvas experience. One option for this is to include the student's first initial or name ahead of the course name (ie: K Biology). Another thing that Observers can do is change the color of the course cards so each student has their own color for their courses. (How do I view my favorite courses in the Card View Dashboard?
  • Canvas Parent has a simple interface which allows Observers to easily switch between students. If an Observer wishes to have a quick overview of student progress or the week's assignments, the mobile app is perfect for keeping track of multiple students' academics.

If you have any follow-up questions, please reply! I'd be happy to help.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! I'm so glad that you find Canvas to be helpful to you and your child!! :smileygrin:

You can add another student to your already-existing account. When you have their pairing code, sign-in to your account from a browser. Then, click Account, then Settings, then Observing. You should see your first child's name on the screen, then a +Student box. In the box, place the pairing code and press the button. 

Last month, I collected a lot of tips for Observers in Clarity for Canvas Observers‌. I'll share one section here for you!

Managing Multiple Students

• Depending on how many students an Observer follows and how many courses are included in the students' enrollments, the dashboard can become overwhelming.
  • Observers can adjust the nicknames for each course, and it will not affect the students' dashboards or Canvas experience. One option for this is to include the student's first initial or name ahead of the course name (ie: K Biology). Another thing that Observers can do is change the color of the course cards so each student has their own color for their courses. (How do I view my favorite courses in the Card View Dashboard?
  • Canvas Parent has a simple interface which allows Observers to easily switch between students. If an Observer wishes to have a quick overview of student progress or the week's assignments, the mobile app is perfect for keeping track of multiple students' academics.

If you have any follow-up questions, please reply! I'd be happy to help.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you for the quick response, currently I have a student ID and a password he created....Pairing code is a new term to me, what is it and where would I get this code??? Again, thank you for your help..

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach
Labels