Did you mean: 
syreese
Surveyor

how do i up load a photo into canvas

how do i upload photos to canvas in order to 

Image Source
Attributes

Describe the image to improve accessibility

Indicates the image is for decorative purposes only and should not be read by screenreaders

x 

Aspect ratio will be preserved

Tags (4)
10 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @syreese  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your message.  I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do based on your screen shot, but I'll make some assumptions here.  It seems like you are maybe trying to upload an image to a page of content in your course?  If this is the case, here are some Guides that may help:

How do I embed images from Canvas into the Rich Content Editor as an instructor? 

How do I embed images from Flickr Creative Commons in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor? 

How do I embed images from the web in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13014-415265830 

Hopefully one of these Guides will be of help to you.  However, if you are asking about something else, please let us know by posting a message below.  Thanks Sonya.

Howdy Howdy Chris.

I receive this message

Link to other content in the course.Click any page to insert a link to that page.

Loading failed...
No results.
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@syreese ...

I'm not sure what you are referring to here.  It seems like you are coping/pasting something from Canvas into your replies here, but it's losing the formatting/interface that you are seeing...thus making it more difficult to troubleshoot here in this thread.  Could you please describe where you are in your course and/or the steps you are taking?

Chris I currently do not have any content in Canvas. Nor Flicker, Nor in the Files. Do I need to have a flicker account in order to upload photos in the Rich txt Html Editor?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@syreese ...

Nope.  You don't need a Flickr account.  All you have to do is follow the instructions in this Guide, How do I embed images from Flickr Creative Commons in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?, if you want to use Flickr images in your course.

Out of curiosity, what web browser are you using?  You should be using an up-to-date version of either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as opposed to Internet Explorer or Edge.

Greetings, Chris I have tried to use Chrome, Foxfire and Safari.

I am a student not an instructor.

I am trying to ad a image from my Desktop to my module 1 discussion post.

Again I do not have Flicker.

Do I need to acquire Flicker in order to add images?

Thank you for being here.

Sonya

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @syreese ...

My apologies for not giving you the proper Guides since you are a student.  As I indicated in my previous reply, you do not need to create a separate Flickr account (this includes both instructors and students).  And, because it sounds like you are trying to add an image from you Desktop computer, I don't think you'll even need to use Flickr.  (If you want, you can read more about Flickr on Wikipedia....but not necessary.)  You will want to take a look at the information in this Guide: How do I embed an image in a discussion reply as a student?.  Keep in mind that you'll want to read through the information in the blue boxed area of that Guide because the first step to loading your image will be to look at this Guide: How do I upload a file to my user or group files?.  Then, return to the first Guide I linked, and you should be able to embed the image in a discussion post.

There is one more possibility for you...and this is to attach the file to a discussion post rather than embed it directly in the post.  However, attaching an image (file) would be something your instructor would have to allow on his/her end.  (Your instructor would have an option to turn this capability on/off.)  So, if your instructor does allow for file attachments on discussion posts, you could follow this Guide: How do I attach a file to a discussion reply as a student?.

Since I cannot see what your instructor is asking of you for this particular issue, I am only assuming that you'd want to use the embed instructions.  But, if you have any questions about how you should be posting your image, that would be a question for your instructor to answer.  You can always contact your instructor by following the information in this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?.

I hope this information has been helpful for you, Sonya.

syreese
Surveyor

Link to other content in the course.Click any page to insert a link to that page.

Loading failed...
No results.
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Sonya,

Are you a student in this course?  If so, the instructions are a little different than for an instructor as you need to upload the image first into your My Files area, and then come back and embed it in the discussion post.

Here are the steps:

• In Canvas, click on the Account button on the left of the global navigation and select Files.
  • Click into the My Files folder and then click the Upload button in the upper right corner.
  • Select the file from your computer and it will be uploaded to your space in Canvas.
  • Now when you use the option to Embed, you should be able to find it under Canvas, My Files.

I happen to have a video showing the process if that helps 

VidGrid - Adding Files and Images to Discussions 

Rick