cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

how to delay an announcement w/o setting a delay-until date?

Jump to solution

How do I delay an announcement without selecting a delay-until date?

I imported a course that included announcements I MAY opt to use during the semester but I do not want to post these announcements at any known date at this time. i'd like to leave the text of the announcement available for me to post in the future. But the delay posting feature requires a delayed posting date.

How to avoid this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Unfortunately this isn't possible other than what  @nr2522 ​ suggested of setting your delay-until date to something way past the end date of your course. Related to this is the following feature idea - - that you may want to vote and comment on!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
nr2522
Community Member

How about setting a date very far in the future? I haven't tried, but perhaps setting the year to 2999 or something similarly ridiculous?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Unfortunately this isn't possible other than what  @nr2522 ​ suggested of setting your delay-until date to something way past the end date of your course. Related to this is the following feature idea - - that you may want to vote and comment on!

View solution in original post

jzimmermann
Community Member

What about if you don't publish it?  Then you can have it written and ready whenever you want it.

Deactivated user​, The problem is that right now there isn't the option to publish or unpublish announcements. The most you can do is delay the posting of an announcement - How do I delay posting an Announcement until a specific date?

That's why I recommend that people vote and comment on the ​ feature idea! We'd like to make this possible in Canvas!