how to email all students in my course?

Jump to solution
JeffCarmichael
Community Novice

I'm receiving emails from students saying they don't know when the course starts or have access to Canvas yet. I published the course Canvas site about 10 days ago. I put up an announcement with course content details, which I thought might be emailed to all students (but apparently wasn't).

Any suggestions? Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @JeffCarmichael...

Please check out this Guide: How do I send a message to all course users in the Inbox as an instructor?.  Please also note that not all your students may choose to receive e-mail notifications.  This is something that all user (instructors and students) can configure on their own...user by user.  So, it is entirely possible that some of your students may choose to get notified via e-mail that you sent out a message via the Canvas Inbox...but other students might choose to get notified via other means...such as via push notification to a mobile device via the Canvas app....or another e-mail address.  All users can also decide the frequency of those messages, too...so not everyone may get your message right away...depending on their own preferences.

I hope this will help you a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post