cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

how to post discussion

Jump to solution

Need help to find how to post to discussion.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

fbwilliethompson@yahoo.com and stephanie.schroeder@bellevuecollege.edu...

I'm not sure if you are students or instructors, but I will provide you with some resources for both roles:

After reviewing these two video tutorials, if you want to take a deeper dive as to how discussion topics work in Canvas, I would recommend that you use the links that Stephanie provided in her above response...as those are the written Guides all about discussion topics.

I hope this helps!  Sing out if you have any questions.  Take care...stay safe...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I found this information that might help.  I too would like to know how to post a discussion.

"Yes, Canvas includes a discussion feature, and these can be found in the Discussions content area, or embedded in their appropriate modules depending on how the instructor has set them up. Many faculty who organize their classrooms using Modules, will hide the Discussion content area (along with other content areas) to avoid confusing students.  You can learn more about Discussions in the Discussions Chapter of the Student Guide.

If you are a student, and are looking for the Discussions in your course, but don't see the Discussions content area in your course navigation menu, then check modules. If you don't find the discussions posted there, it is likely that your teacher does not use them. I would ask your teacher.

If you are a teacher, and want to learn how to create and use discussions, you can learn more in the Discussions Chapter of the Instructor Guide."

If you go to:  https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers , there's a red button on the left hand side that says "Start a Discussion".  This might be what you are looking for.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

fbwilliethompson@yahoo.com and stephanie.schroeder@bellevuecollege.edu...

I'm not sure if you are students or instructors, but I will provide you with some resources for both roles:

After reviewing these two video tutorials, if you want to take a deeper dive as to how discussion topics work in Canvas, I would recommend that you use the links that Stephanie provided in her above response...as those are the written Guides all about discussion topics.

I hope this helps!  Sing out if you have any questions.  Take care...stay safe...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm having an issue with my courses, where even though I have enabled students creating discussion posts, they still can not create a discussion post.  Am I missing something?  

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels