Jump to solution

how do I upload an image in a discussion

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi fcorrea@eou.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community. It is not, admittedly, the easiest process in the world (though it's much better than it used to be!) but there is detailed information on the process here in the online student's guide: How do I embed an image in a discussion reply as a student?   (I'm assuming you are a student.)  Basically, you will have to load your image into your personal files on Canvas first unless it's a file on the web or on Flickr, so be sure to check the link that is given in the blue box on the top of that page: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10650-4212114368 

Sometimes, faculty will allow students to attach a file to a discussion, which is a bit more straightforward, though it will NOT be embedded within the editor, so it's a bit more work for the people viewing your response.  That is, however, up to the faculty member.  If you see an Attach icon at the bottom of the reply window, you can use this method instead, keeping the above information in mind:  How do I attach a file to a discussion reply as a student? 

I hope this helps, Freddie! Good luck with your studies.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi fcorrea@eou.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community. It is not, admittedly, the easiest process in the world (though it's much better than it used to be!) but there is detailed information on the process here in the online student's guide: How do I embed an image in a discussion reply as a student?   (I'm assuming you are a student.)  Basically, you will have to load your image into your personal files on Canvas first unless it's a file on the web or on Flickr, so be sure to check the link that is given in the blue box on the top of that page: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10650-4212114368 

Sometimes, faculty will allow students to attach a file to a discussion, which is a bit more straightforward, though it will NOT be embedded within the editor, so it's a bit more work for the people viewing your response.  That is, however, up to the faculty member.  If you see an Attach icon at the bottom of the reply window, you can use this method instead, keeping the above information in mind:  How do I attach a file to a discussion reply as a student? 

I hope this helps, Freddie! Good luck with your studies.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Labels