cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

linking a pdf

I am trying to link a pdf to a graphic on a page. I am pretty sure I am doing it correctly, but the every time I click the picture to open the pdf it just opens the folder on my computer where the pdf is located.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. I feel like I must have a setting that need to be changed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! If the pdf is saved in files, you can use the Rich Content Editor to link the image to the file. 

How do I insert links to course content into the Rich Content Editor using the Content Selector as a... 

After you give that a try, reply if you have a few minutes! The Canvas Comunity will do its best to help you troubleshoot.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @torgesenk ...

I agree with @klundstrum on this.  Though, I think she may have accidentally given you a link to the incorrect Guide.  I think you would want to use either of these Guides instead (depending on which version of the Rich Content Editor you are using):

I hope this extra bit of information will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos