cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

looking for an online learning management system for kids in a residential treatment center--due to the severity of the kids' conditions, we cannot allow students to have an email address/account--is Canvas still an option?

Looking for an online learning management system for kids in a residential treatment center. Due to the nature and severity of our students' conditions, we cannot allow them access to a personal email address or account. Is Canvas still an option?

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Eric -

How many students would you enroll? 

believe you need an email address associated with the account, but I wonder if YOU or your office could manage all of the email addresses and only provide the students with a username and password.

"Dummy" Gmail accounts - MQP Library 

Where I teach, students enter the details before the @studentapps part of their email. So while their email is associated with their account, the COULD just sign in with the username. In your case and if you used the option linked above, the email would then reroute to ONE inbox. You could monitor everything, and the students wouldn't have the password to that account.

Additionally, you'd want to set up notifications so that one email wouldn't receive notifications for all of your students in your program. How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?

It's a unique scenario, and I hope you're able to find a solution that works for you and your students! I hope other educators and Canvas administrators have ideas for you as well.