making comments unseen on submitted papers until whole class is graded

Jump to solution
pcobbs
Community Novice

Hi,

Can you tell me how I might comment on papers submitted through Canvas and keep those comments unseen to students until I post grades and comments on the papers for the whole class?

I saw the "mute" option in each submitted paper, but I'm wondering if there is another way to do this that's more cart-blanche, and would do this to the whole field of papers at once.

Many thanks for the thoughts.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @pcobbs  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  You are on the right track.  You'll want to use the "mute" option for each assignment.  If you have more than one assignment where a written paper will be submitted by your students, Canvas really doesn't know anything other than the assignment is going to be some sort of submission with a file attachment.  There aren't any "rules" to put in place that tell Canvas to "mute" all assignments that are written papers, for example.  So, you'll need to mute each assignment one-by-one...then un-mute them when you are ready to release grades.  Here are a couple Guides for you to look through:

I hope this information will be of help to you, Patrick.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post