cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krose1
Community Member

moderated grading problem

Hello-

I mistakenly checked the moderated grading box in an assignment and it can't be unchecked since I"ve manually input some grades. I'm done grading but now some of my students can't view their grades or my feedback. I've been on the general Canvas "how-to" page but that didn't help any.  I did go to the assignment and tried to edit from there, but I don't get the prompts as shown on the "how-to" page. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

Signed, 

Frustrated in New Orleans

2 Replies
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @krose1 ‌ - As fate would have it, I just had a faculty member who did the very same thing!  What essentially happened is that by moderating it, Canvas likely "interpreted" your input as that of the first reviewer/TA score and not the final one.  I believe you will have to complete two steps:

-Head back into SpeedGrader, and for each student click the SELECT button that you see next to 1st Reviewer (which was your initial grade/review ).   It should look something similar to what you see under the View 1st Reviewer Grade heading here:  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9978-4152477048 

-When done with that, head back to the assignment page itself and click the Moderate button at the top. 

-On the ensuring screen, you will see everyone’s grade. Click the Post button that you will see to post the final grades.

Note that this is irreversible, so make sure you’ve got all grades that you want to have recorded on that screen that you see.

think that should do it, Kelly.  Hope this helps a bit!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @krose1 ...

As I was reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, I came across your question.  I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on November 1, 2017 and then received a response from  @kblack  a day later.  Have you had a chance to review the response that you received from Ken?  If so, did his reply help to answer your question?  Or, do you have any outstanding questions as it relates to your initial posting?  If you feel that Ken's response has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark his reply as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please come back to this topic to post a message below so that members of the Community might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for well over four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Kelly.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.