cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

navigation settings never actually save

Jump to solution

I keep trying to change my navigation links in settings, hit save, and when i refresh or navigate away & back to the nav settings again, and none of my changes are reflected.

for example, i have started and pinned a discussion in the "discussions" area. I want this "discussions" link to be in the left-hand nav. i move it to the "enabled" list. hit save. i get no error message so i think it saved. but it actually never changes. this seems like a pretty major bug (??) and classes start tomorrow. please advise

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Wow tapps, it is being particularly difficult!  Maybe someone else here has found a solution to this problem but I would probably contact Canvas Support and let them know what issue you are experiencing.  They could tell you if this is something that others have noted as well.  I just tested in my sandbox course (I am using Chrome on a PC) and was able to both disable, enable, and move navigation tabs the way one would expect.

When you find out what is happening, please let me know.  I have never experienced this before and if our faculty run into something similar I would like to pass along the fix!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi tappsand welcome to the Canvas Community!  Forgetting to hit save is what I often see when something like this comes up but you mentioned you did save the navigation change.  Have you logged out, cleared your web browser cache and logged back in again or tried in a different web browser (like Chrome and FireFox)?  I find that sometimes settings get sticky and I don't see the change until I clear my internet cache.  Have you tried this already or could you and see if it helps?

Best wishes!

Highlighted

hey eric, thanks for the warm welcome.

1) i did hit save. several times.

2) i haven't logged out / logged back in. but i did try three different browsers, two of which i had not been logged in before, and they don't share the same cache with chrome, so the caching thing wouldn't be an issue. but just to be sure, i tried yet another attempt incongnito (which doesn't cache), did a hard reload, and same result.

Highlighted

Wow tapps, it is being particularly difficult!  Maybe someone else here has found a solution to this problem but I would probably contact Canvas Support and let them know what issue you are experiencing.  They could tell you if this is something that others have noted as well.  I just tested in my sandbox course (I am using Chrome on a PC) and was able to both disable, enable, and move navigation tabs the way one would expect.

When you find out what is happening, please let me know.  I have never experienced this before and if our faculty run into something similar I would like to pass along the fix!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Same problem. I re-order and save, but then I go back Home and it's been reset again. So frustrating.

0 Kudos