new quiz tool, mixed bag. Advice?

madams6
Community Member

While I like certain aspects of the new quiz tool, such as being able to edit a question all at once (the question and the answers and the comments) without having to click on each one separately, and being able to add outcomes to each question. I am pretty annoyed with other aspects. The most frustrating thing right now is needing to edit a quiz after a couple of students have taken it, finding out there is an error on my part. In the old format, I could just go in, edit, get the warning that students have taken it, and then ignore that and move on. Now, I cannot edit without making a copy, which leads me to my second gripe: When I was first composing the quiz, every time I went back to the quiz to keep working on it, it made a copy and before I knew it I had 4 quizzes in different stages of development (1 student took the wrong one, before I knew that it was available to students, and was confused of course). Generally, right now, I find the whole new quiz tool environment as an editor really non-intuitive. Anyway, anyone that's used it, how do I keep getting duplicate quizzes every time I go back to work on a quiz, and how can I edit a mistake after a student has taken it and make sure that the edit makes it into the students' Module without the copy?

0 Likes