cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

pages question

Jump to solution

I have uploaded an image for my front page but it shows it as a locked lock in student view. It is published, I tried re-doing it but no luck. what's up?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Thanks, i'm not sure what i did but it's ok now. i found the image in files and it was published but not the folder the image was in. i published the folder but then it showed the image as a broken link. then i reloaded and then deleted the same image to the page, and it's ok. thanks!

Sorry, no screenshot. i don't want to mess with it again (classes start Monday!)

Thanks so much, Anita

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Anita, and Welcome to the Canvas Community!

I was unable to replicate your issue. These questions might help me/us troubleshoot the issue.

• What is the file extension for your image file?
  • What is the file size of the image?
  • Can you 'open' the image on your desktop, from your desktop?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Learner II

If you go to the Files area of your course, you can see the permission status of the image. Click the white space to the right of the image's name, then look at the top of your screen. You'll see a lock symbol. What does it say when you click the lock symbol?

Also, could you post a screenshot of the behavior?

Highlighted

Thanks, i'm not sure what i did but it's ok now. i found the image in files and it was published but not the folder the image was in. i published the folder but then it showed the image as a broken link. then i reloaded and then deleted the same image to the page, and it's ok. thanks!

Sorry, no screenshot. i don't want to mess with it again (classes start Monday!)

Thanks so much, Anita

View solution in original post

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels