TraceyGrose
Community Member

how do I share( post) students  one page reading summaries?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @TraceyGrose 

Could you please explain further what you are wanting to do?

I am suspecting that you mean a one summary of reading made by your students (if I am wrong, please correct me).. In canvas this would be an assignment, because it is work you have assigned to your students to accomplish. The best solution would be to create an assignment, and have your students submit their summaries to that assignment. Students can type their summaries directly into the Assignment, or upload a document they have already created (GoogleDoc, Word, Etc.).

The problem with that approach is that a student can only view their own submissions, and not those of their classmates. I know that some K-12 teachers like their student reading summaries to be shared among the entire class. This can be done using Discussions. You could easily create a weekly Discussion for your students reading summaries, and they could type them directly into their discussion replies. Then they could view the summaries of their classmates and even comment on them. Discussions are a great interactlive learning tool!

Canvas is very flexible, and there are lots of other ways you could do this, so if you have more questions, just holler!

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes