profile photo uploads sideway

Jump to solution
westbrook
Community Novice

how can my profile photo post right side up? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @westbrook  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  When a photo is uploaded to a Canvas profile sideways, this usually happens because of the orientation from one's cell phone.  Something I've discovered which seems to work is to use your phone's volume button to take a photo, and that *should* keep the orientation the way you want once it is uploaded back to Canvas.  (This typically works with iPhones/iPads, but I am not sure if that function works with Android devices.)  The other option for you it to save a copy of your profile photo locally on your computer (you can usually right-click on the image and then save it).  Then, use a graphics editing program (this can be as simple as the Windows "Paint" program on Windows 10) to open the image, rotate it, and then re-save it.  Or, if the image is already rotated how you want, try saving a new copy of the image and then uploading the image again.  (Strange, but that does work sometimes.)

Hopefully there are some ideas for you to try here, Cheryl.  Please let the Community know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post