cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

quiz/assignment options

Jump to solution

Is there a way to make an assignment like a quiz? I wish the different question types were available in the assignment section. Even when I put "assignment" in the title of the "quiz," students are confused. Also, is there a way to organize quizzes like assignments (where groups are possible)?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

skelly@northposey.k12.in.us 

I do believe that Quizzes.Next addresses your need.  With the new quizzing engine in development it is added to the course as an assignment and not as a specific 'quiz' type.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Shanna,

Because you referred to the "assignment section" I am wondering whether or not you are currently using Modules?  If not, that might be a way to reduce the students' confusion.  If you had a quiz called "Week One Assignment" in the Week One module, that might be less confusing than if the students had to go to the quizzes tab to find "Week One Assignment."

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Shanna,

If Quizzes are 'graded' they automatically become 'Assignments'... the same is true for 'Discussions' that are 'graded', and as Scott mentioned above, you can then arrange any/all of your 'assignments' into assignment groups, and also utilize the settings, controls and prerequisites in Modules. Below are some links to 'Canvas Guides', which can be found under the 'Help' menu in Canvas. These should be helpful...

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

skelly@northposey.k12.in.us 

I do believe that Quizzes.Next addresses your need.  With the new quizzing engine in development it is added to the course as an assignment and not as a specific 'quiz' type.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels