quiz attempts, showing correct answers

Jump to solution
kimberly_james
Community Novice

I've done a search on the Canvas guides and the Q&A and haven't seen a solution for my question. I hope someone here has advice for this newb! I'm allowing 2 attempts at quizzes, but a 2nd attempt certainly isn't required. How does the system "know" when the students has completed the last attempt thus releasing the correct answers to the quiz? Does this automatically release once the quiz is due or only after their 2nd attempt? Thank you for your help!!

2 Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kimberly_james  , if you have it set to only after the last attempt, the the answers will only be released afte the last attempt. If the students don’t do two attempts then they would technically never see the answers. A way around this might be to change your settings so quiz results are released at a certain time. Yet, be cautioned that using this setting doesn’t totally block all quiz result information after the first attempt. For more on this see the following - Quiz Settings to Maximize Security

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

Thanks so much Kona. I've decided to limit to 1 attempt so I can be sure that they see their answers & my answers/comments for a limited amount of time. This is a pre-assessment activity so is very low stakes. Best!!

View solution in original post