cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

quiz / maximum number of questions

Jump to solution

Am going to give an 80 question final using Canvas.  So there are two options.  1) Put all 80 questions in one quiz.  Could I put 80 questions in one quiz?  Would this over-tax the Canvas infrastructure?  2)  Break up the 80 questions into say 4 quizzes of 20 questions.  Thoughts about these two options?  Thanks, RB

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

rbiggert@assumption.edu, there's a related discussion currently underway about administering a quiz simultaneously to large enrollment courses: Canvas Quiz Hangs at Loading and Submission  Whether or not your use case involves a large class or not, the discussion surrounding the original question does delve into problems with quizzes that contain a large number of questions--although "large" is a relative term, I guess, since the reference in the discussion is to a quiz that contains 1350 questions. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

rbiggert@assumption.edu, there's a related discussion currently underway about administering a quiz simultaneously to large enrollment courses: Canvas Quiz Hangs at Loading and Submission  Whether or not your use case involves a large class or not, the discussion surrounding the original question does delve into problems with quizzes that contain a large number of questions--although "large" is a relative term, I guess, since the reference in the discussion is to a quiz that contains 1350 questions. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

rbiggert@assumption.edu​, from my experience it's not as much the number of questions as it is the number of students who are trying to take the quiz at the same time. We have Instructors who have 100 question quizzes and they seem to work ok. We've also had quizzes that only asked 9 questions, but were pulling from 1350 questions (from multiple question banks) and they seemed to run fine as well.

If you are dealing with a large class size (which can be relative), I agree with Stefanie about checking out this discussion for more information - Canvas Quiz Hangs at Loading and Submission

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

rbiggert@assumption.edu, because of the extensive conversation currently underway at the Canvas Quiz Hangs at Loading and Submission​ discussion topic, I'm going to lock this question for further participation to avoid duplication and to preserve resources in a central spot. Please feel free to post your questions about quiz size to the above-linked topic.

Labels