"Hidden" Not sure what it means or where it came from

Jump to solution
nixonb
Community Novice

What does this "hidden" mean?  I have never come across it before and today as I was grading an assignment I have seen it on two assignments.  I'm puzzled is because I've never seen it before, I don't know what it means, and it showed up for someone who didn't submit an assignment and someone who did.  Any help is appreciated. 

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @nixonb  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I'm not sure if you review the Canvas Release Notes on a regular basis, but it looks like the "Hidden" label you are asking about is covered in the July 13, 2019 Canvas Release Notes document.  There is a small heading called "Manually Posted Grades" where the information about the "Hidden" label is first mentioned.  This is also discussed in the following video included with the written Release Notes: .

As a side note, you can always check out the latest Canvas Release Notes by selecting the "Q&A" menu at the top of any page here in the Community and then selecting "Release Notes".  Then, select the red "CANVAS LMS" button.

I hope this information is of help to you, Brady.

View solution in original post