cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

"In Progress" Quiz.next

How are other teachers handling the inability to force close a quiz in quiz.next?  

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi sara_samples@hotmail.com.  Perhaps the lack of replies indicates that this is a tough nut no one has cracked.  I don't know of a good way around this problem after a quiz has been started.  An administrator could act as a student and submit the assignment, but this is not effective beyond a unique situation here and there.  When the quiz is set up, perhaps one could set a time limit that is clearly longer than anyone should take to complete the assessment but before the instructor would like to see grades completed.  I just double checked, and when the time limit passes quizzes "in progress" are closed.  Previously I tested whether a time limit could be set after a quiz attempt was begun and it appears this is not possible.

I'm not sure this is too helpful, but hopefully some of the creative folks in the Community have found better options!

Highlighted

Setting a time limit looks like it might be the best option.  

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi sara_samples@hotmail.com.  I'm not sure if you have seen the most recent Canvas release notes (Canvas Release Notes (2019-11-16)), but in the release it states: 

External Tools (LTI)

• For institutions using the New Quizzes LTI, instructors can manually submit student in-process quiz attempts.

I was glad to see this functionality added to the system and though you might as well.

All the best!

0 Kudos
Labels