cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

"No Preview Available"

When I go to grade an assignment on SpeedGrader, I get a screen that says "No Preview Available."  I know the students have turned the assignment in, but I am unable to see it, grade it, or comment on it.  This hasn't happened on all assignments, just a few.  I think it's the late assignments it won't let me see.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

You should still be able to download the submission and open it outside of canvas. In the sppedgrader's the right-side column you will see "submission to view," the date it was submitted, "submitted files," and finally a link to any file the student uploaded.  Click that link to download a copy.

Highlighted

Hi.  Thanks for the reply.  However, the right-side column with the features you mentioned does not exist.  Is there another place I might find them?

Highlighted

I think it might be easier to explain with an illustration.  Does this help?speedgrader.PNG

Highlighted

I had the same problem but it is not showing me any of those options. What should I do? 

Achiguamo_0-1600445741735.png

Highlighted
Navigator

You should take this picture down right away, and edit it to remove the student's name. 

If you do not see anything at all about a submission, I would double check the options you give students for turning something in.  If you allow file uploads, it may be necessary to specify a list of allowed file types. For writing assignments I use .rtf,.txt,.doc,.docx,.pdf

Beyond that, you should contact canvas support, to see what (if anything) the student submitted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I have the same problem, but it is only with Google doc assignments. In order to grade those, I have to go to the assignment and click on the "submitted" link. If I click on speedgrader, I get the "no preview available." 

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.15.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.15.42 AM.png

Highlighted
Surveyor

samea

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels