"Permanent" Announcement in Canvas?

Jump to solution
nlatimer
Community Champion

Hi Everyone,

I created a Global Announcement for our high school with information about how the kids should take attendance. Some kids have reported that the announcement is gone, and I am assuming they clicked on the "X" to close it. I could create an announcement every day, but then my thought is that kids who don't close the original will see multiple ones down the screen. I know I can simply give instructions to close each day's announcement, but was wondering if there was a way to prevent them from closing an announcement in the first place? (High school kids are often not great at reading instructions.....lol).  In lieu of that, is there another method I can use to get a message on everyone's screen for a month or more?

Thank you, and I so appreciate this community and the fact that we've been a Canvas District for over 6 years. It sure helps right now.

Nancy

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Nancy,

No, there really isn't a way to create a permanent global announcement short of using some custom javascript or css to embed something there.  But, you can re-post an announcement and remove old ones so that people only have 1 showing at a time.  I don't know that I'd do it every day, but maybe once a week.  Create an announcement and schedule it from Monday - Sunday.  Then copy/paste to create another announcement to go the next Monday - Sunday.  That way at least once a week they are getting it pushed out again and you are not getting multiple copies.  If I were doing this I'd even put a small variation on each copy to help get their attention.  I like to add small images to my announcements and right justify them so the text wraps around.  

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes