cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theseriesproduc
Surveyor

"Show Me How" Won't Stop Trying to Show Me How

Jump to solution

Every time a new tab or window is opened, I get the "Show Me How" series of helpful windows.  Is there a way to turn that feature off?

There are no quizzes in my course, so I can't click on that followed by the "publish your course" section to "finish off" the "help."  The course is actually already published.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@theseriesproduc ‌, the "Show Me How" series is a feature of Free For Teachers account, so I assume you're using the free version of Canvas. These help windows cannot be disabled. Your feedback is valuable, and we'll take it in as we continue to evaluate the help process in Free For Teachers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@theseriesproduc ‌, the "Show Me How" series is a feature of Free For Teachers account, so I assume you're using the free version of Canvas. These help windows cannot be disabled. Your feedback is valuable, and we'll take it in as we continue to evaluate the help process in Free For Teachers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thanks for getting back to me.  So here's the thing:  It's a great feature but now I know what it was designed to show me so it's become something akin to an elderly Great Aunt who keeps telephoning to wish you "Happy Birthday" every single day of your life.  Help is great... until it's shoved down one's throat. 

Yes, I'm using "Free..." because I'm testing an experimental program.  But if Instructure insists on not allowing me to opt out of a feature I no longer need, it makes me think twice about a longer term association -- as in:  What will they do like this in the future?  I'm sure if every time you went to start your car, you had to sit through a fifteen-minute "Welcome to your new car" recording before it would start you would likely sell that car.  I love Canvas, but...

Thanks for listening.  /h

Hi Hank,

That is a great analogy.  Thanks for the chuckle.  

If what I'm guessing is correct, fixing this for you and other FFT users should be pretty straightforward.  We will pass the feedback along to the team responsible for the free instance.

Cheers,

Scott Dennis

Thanks, Scott. Not to go away - just needs an on/off switch. /h

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 11:32 AM scottd@instructure.com <

Hi Hank,

Right.  It turns out that service we used to set this up in FFT is not the one I thought it was but I'm still working on finding out how to fix this.

Regards,

SD