cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

"Sync grades to SIS" is displayed when not using the SIS Integration feature option

Description of the Bug:

• "Sync grades to SIS" is displayed when not using the SIS Integration feature option.   

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Have an instance of Canvas that does not have the SIS Integration (How do I manage student information system (SIS) integration settings for an account?) enabled
  2. Click Actions
  3. "Sync grades to SIS" is displayed
  4. Click "Sync grades to SIS", get redirected to course settings page 
Tags (2)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

+1 on this.  We use SIS integration for pushing users, courses, and enrollments, but do not have the SIS Integration Settings enabled on our instance for individual assignments.  We've had a few questions (and interest!) in this feature from our new Gradebook pilot faculty, so we will pursue it in the future, but it would be nice to have the option to hide the feature it if it's unused.

Highlighted
Learner II

+1 Our integration with our SIS is through our own middleware and APIs.  Having this option visible but non-functional would be confusing.

Highlighted
Adventurer

ditto

:smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool::smileycool:

i.e. I agree - it would be better hidden when not being used; preferably a subaccount setting.   

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, David,

This behavior has been identified by our team and is noted in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-11675 

Thanks!

Erin