cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

"future" classes on canvas

Jump to solution

My professor of 2 classes that start next week posted a notification in canvas, but I cannot access these courses or his notification/message on canvas because it is telling me they are "future" courses. How do I access a future course?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi adaehnert1@cougarmail.collin.edu

Whether you can access future courses depends on whether your institution allows access to future enrollments. If you go to your Courses page (on the left, Courses > All Courses) you may have a section called "Future Enrollments". If the course is an active link you can click on it to access. If it is not a link, that means your institution has blocked access until a specified date. I would assume the start of the term. 

Go here for pictures on what I am saying: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10596-4212710333 

You could try contacting your professor to see if the announcement is something you need right now or is intended for you to see on the first day of the term when you gain access.

Julie

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi adaehnert1@cougarmail.collin.edu

Whether you can access future courses depends on whether your institution allows access to future enrollments. If you go to your Courses page (on the left, Courses > All Courses) you may have a section called "Future Enrollments". If the course is an active link you can click on it to access. If it is not a link, that means your institution has blocked access until a specified date. I would assume the start of the term. 

Go here for pictures on what I am saying: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10596-4212710333 

You could try contacting your professor to see if the announcement is something you need right now or is intended for you to see on the first day of the term when you gain access.

Julie

View solution in original post

Labels