removing a student from canvas course

Jump to solution
mdewey2
Community Novice

I have students who dropped my online class in the first week and are no longer on my official roster but are still on the class canvas and would like to be taken off so they do not receive all the emails and announcements. I went to "people" in the navigation sidebar, then clicked on the three-dot menu for the student and it looks like I cannot delete them. I also "concluded" them but that does not stop them from viewing course materials or getting emails and announcements. Is my next step contacting the registrar's office? Why isn't the student dropped from the Canvas when they drop a course?

thanks for your time,

matt dewey

0 Likes
1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi mdewey  I would agree that the Registrar is probably your best bet.  Often teachers/instructors are not able to drop students from a Canvas shell so that formal registration processes are not unintentionally circumvented.  When a student is then dropped from the class probably is determined by when formal paperwork is completed and when the student information system is scheduled to sync with Canvas.

Hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

0 Likes