sending Emails to my students

Jump to solution
tsamano
Community Novice

I need assistance sending email to my students.  I have made various attempts and it is not working for me.  Also, its only showing that there is only one person in my class.  Please help me

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @tsamano  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Let's tackle your second question first.  If you are not seeing the correct number of students in your course, you will want to reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or someone in your school's Online Learning/eLearning departement...as they would be the best ones to assist you with this question.

Re: your question about sending e-mails through Canvas.  Please keep in mind that Canvas does not have e-mail.  There is a Canvas Inbox which is used for messaging other people in the same course(s) you are in...but you cannot send message to your family/friends through here (like you can with regular e-mail) because they are not enrolled in the course(s).  However, all users are able to set their notification settings (via "Account" >> "Notifications") and get notified of Inbox messages via e-mail if they want.  However, some people may wish to only be notified about Canvas Inbox messages via text message on their cell phone.  It's completely up to the end user.

This video, , will tell you all you want to know about the Canvas Inbox (Conversations/Messaging).  Then, if you want to dive a bit deeper, you can check out these written Guides.

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Teresa.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this information...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes