cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

sharing same sections

Jump to solution

How do you have the students in TWo different sections all see the same announcements and module updates and calendar updates without having to import the roster from one section into the other.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there, hoesterj@cf.edu!

To accomplish this, you will need to cross-list the sections. I'll provide a guide to do this (assuming you are the instructor), but know that some institutions do not allow their faculty to perform this task. You may need to talk to your institution's support folks.

The guide on cross-listing: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12983-4152718703 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there, hoesterj@cf.edu!

To accomplish this, you will need to cross-list the sections. I'll provide a guide to do this (assuming you are the instructor), but know that some institutions do not allow their faculty to perform this task. You may need to talk to your institution's support folks.

The guide on cross-listing: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12983-4152718703 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Highlighted

Okay, so

If I’m in the course section (the parent section 01) where I have created everything and I want to bring in the roster of another course section (02), is this course section (02) the one I ‘cross list with’ or do I go to this course shell (02) and cross list with the parent section (01).

Jane Hoesterey

Highlighted

Hello hoesterj@cf.edu...

If you want to cross-list two courses (let's call them "A" and "B"), where all the enrollments should eventually show up in course "A"...  you'll want to first log in to course "B".  Then:

1. Click on the "Sections" tab.
  2. Click on the name of the section listed (you'll see the number of users listed next to it)
  3. Click on "Cross-List this Section".
  4. In the "Search for Course" box, type in the name of the course or the course number to search for the course.  In this case, you'll be searching for course "A".
  5. Click on the "Cross-List this Section" button to complete the cross-list.

You can then log in to course "A" and then click on the "People" tab.  This should show you the students from both sections listed together.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted

THANKS this was VERY CLEARLY explained.

Jane