stolen computer ,using old one,can it affect my acsess online to my course work?

Jump to solution
dluckett6600
Community Novice

My computer was stolen and im having to use an older computer now, ive been trying to take a quiz but im being denied acsess to it for some reason is there a reason i cant from this computer? can i get a new on through the school?

0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@dluckett6600  

I'm sorry to hear about your computer; I hope you're able to recover it.

You can absolutely have problems taking a quiz with old technology. Depending on when things are due, you may need to find a friend or relative with a newer computer or use the browser on your smart phone until you can upgrade your old computer.

Canvas only supports the latest two versions of the major browsers. If it's an old computer, they most likely do not have a recent browser. In some cases, if it's a really old computer, you may not be able to upgrade to a modern browser without first upgrading the operating system on the computer. Even that may not be possible depending on how old the computer is.

This page has more information about what is required: What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas? 

You should also notify your teachers that you are having trouble and ask someone at your school about getting a new computer. This is a global community of users of the Canvas software and we cannot answer questions about availability at your institution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes