cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

students cannot see grades

Jump to solution

My class is published, I can see my test student grades in the student view but my students cannot see their grades. Their mobile screens show a padlock.

What Have I missed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Barbara -

In your Course Settings, at the very bottom of the list, there is a link that says More Options. There, you'll see some additional checkboxes.

311982_pastedImage_1.png

Is your Hide totals in student grades summary checked? I believe that would create the lock icon in the grades location on the mobile dashboard as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

We find that the padlock usually means you haven't assigned the usage rights (Copyright) correctly to files you've uploaded into the course. You do this in the files area.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Barbara -

In your Course Settings, at the very bottom of the list, there is a link that says More Options. There, you'll see some additional checkboxes.

311982_pastedImage_1.png

Is your Hide totals in student grades summary checked? I believe that would create the lock icon in the grades location on the mobile dashboard as well.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Yes I think it is this box...I had seen it and have been checking and unchecking it. I THINK I have all my checks straightened out. and have asked the students to let me know if they do not find their grades and totals via a computer. Mobile apps seem less easily monitored.

This was helpful and I thank you....and leads me to another question.

Yours, Barbara

Ms. Barbara May, MFA

Associate Faculty

Dept. of Arts, Humanities and World Languages

Norco College

Barbara.May@RCCD.edu

Labels