cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor II

table borders

Jump to solution

Is there away to have borders around the table but not on the inside of the cells

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Surveyor II

williare 2,

Thanks for the help.  1) remove the border when the table is initially created. 2) Add the table border with the style and color. 3) Set the individual cell properties to border None. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Learner

Yes-  i find things a little finicky for tables in RCE but here are some notes:

There are properties for borders you can set at the table, row and cell level.  (not by column...a little interesting.

• Access table properties- on an existing table, select any portion of it, Table dropdown menu - Table Properties
  • Access Row properties- on an existing table, select any portion of a row, Table drop-down menu - Row\Row Properties
  • Access Cell properties-on an existing table, select any cell or multiple cells, Table drop-down menu - Cell\Cell Properties

Once you get to the properties screen (table, row or cell), click Advanced to see Border options.  There is a Hidden and a None option.

I found this doesnt work exactly the same as it would in Excel which I was used to, but I got it to remove borders where I wanted eventually.

NOTE:  I spoke with helpdesk via chat about using tables and its impact on screen reader.  The person I talked to reduced my concern saying that using tables for formatting purposes - like to show 3 buttons in a row across a page was pretty standard.  It sounded alright to me too when i tried it out.

Good luck!

Surveyor II

williare 2,

Thanks for the help.  1) remove the border when the table is initially created. 2) Add the table border with the style and color. 3) Set the individual cell properties to border None. 

View solution in original post