cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bddelrie
Community Member

text entry box

Jump to solution

the text entry box is not showing. there is no text entry tab. only a button that says submit assignment. i need to enter information into a text entry box but i don't know how to create one. please advise

6 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bddelrie ​...

I'm assuming from your question that you are a student trying to submit an assignment to your instructor?  If this is the case, your instructor may need to go back to the settings of that specific assignment and double-check to make sure that you and your classmates are able to submit a text entry for that assignment.  The best thing to do would be to click on the "Help" link at the top right corner of your Canvas course and then select "Ask Your Instructor a Question".

Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

@bddelrie , if you are seeing a Submit Assignment button it means you are on the right track! When you click on the Submit Assignment button the options for submission will appear, and one of them (perhaps the only one, depending upon how the assignment was designed) should be a Text Entry tab. An example of how this will look is depicted in this lesson from the Canvas Guides: How do I submit an online assignment?

If you think this might be counter-intuitive, you're not alone. A feature idea has been submitted that will allow students to see the text entry box before they click Submit Assignment--but there are pros and cons to changing the user interface in this fashion, so I hope you will add your feedback to the feature idea that will open for voting on October 7

Hello, I have a job to answer a question and you can consult the section called "Send a text entry", you can also use the following.

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9539

it helped a lot thanks!!!

13 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bddelrie ​...

I'm assuming from your question that you are a student trying to submit an assignment to your instructor?  If this is the case, your instructor may need to go back to the settings of that specific assignment and double-check to make sure that you and your classmates are able to submit a text entry for that assignment.  The best thing to do would be to click on the "Help" link at the top right corner of your Canvas course and then select "Ask Your Instructor a Question".

Hope this helps!!!

@bddelrie , if you are seeing a Submit Assignment button it means you are on the right track! When you click on the Submit Assignment button the options for submission will appear, and one of them (perhaps the only one, depending upon how the assignment was designed) should be a Text Entry tab. An example of how this will look is depicted in this lesson from the Canvas Guides: How do I submit an online assignment?

If you think this might be counter-intuitive, you're not alone. A feature idea has been submitted that will allow students to see the text entry box before they click Submit Assignment--but there are pros and cons to changing the user interface in this fashion, so I hope you will add your feedback to the feature idea that will open for voting on October 7

asamo

Tags (1)

it helped a lot thanks!!!

ruizl171
Community Member

I don't understand how to submit a text entry box?

Hello  @ruizl171 ...

Please refer to the section called "Submit a Text Entry" in this Guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9539  Also, as a side note, when submitting work to your instructor, it's best to use either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser of choice compared to IE or the new Edge browser.  Please let us know if you have any additional questions about this.

Ok?

Hello, I have a job to answer a question and you can consult the section called "Send a text entry", you can also use the following.

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9539