cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

there is no import section on previous courses only import. How can export an old course to a new course on canvas?

Jump to solution

there is no import section on previous courses only import. How can export an old course to a new course on canvas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi adriannahm91@go.byuh.edu  I may be incorrect, but it sounds like you are looking at a previous class and trying to export this into a new course shell.  In Canvas, you actually go into the new course shell and use the import feature to copy the material over.  The way this is normally accomplished if an individual has a teacher role in both courses is found here, How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?.  

There are other ways to copy a course, such as export the previous course as a course export package and importing this into another course (see How do I export a Canvas course? and How do I import a Canvas course export package?), but normally the first link is the best approach.

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi adriannahm91@go.byuh.edu  I may be incorrect, but it sounds like you are looking at a previous class and trying to export this into a new course shell.  In Canvas, you actually go into the new course shell and use the import feature to copy the material over.  The way this is normally accomplished if an individual has a teacher role in both courses is found here, How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?.  

There are other ways to copy a course, such as export the previous course as a course export package and importing this into another course (see How do I export a Canvas course? and How do I import a Canvas course export package?), but normally the first link is the best approach.

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Labels