cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrogan
Community Member

to-do list

Jump to solution

How do I remove the "to-do" list of items from my dashboard? I am an observer in a class and a teacher in another class. I don't want the to-do list from the course I'm observing populate that list. 

Thank you, 

Beth

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Are you enrolled in the Observer role for the course you are not teaching?  An observer doesn't participate in a class so in my testing when enrolled in the Observer roll you do not see items on the To Do list.  If you are enrolled as a Teacher or TA you will see items on the list that need to be graded and if enrolled as a student you'll see things on the list to be turned in.  You can dismiss those items by clicking the X next to them, but you can't "turn it off" on a class by class basis if you are in one of those roles.

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Are you enrolled in the Observer role for the course you are not teaching?  An observer doesn't participate in a class so in my testing when enrolled in the Observer roll you do not see items on the To Do list.  If you are enrolled as a Teacher or TA you will see items on the list that need to be graded and if enrolled as a student you'll see things on the list to be turned in.  You can dismiss those items by clicking the X next to them, but you can't "turn it off" on a class by class basis if you are in one of those roles.

Rick

View solution in original post

Is it possible to turn off or hide the to-do list in the student view?  I'm an instructor in a course and students are clicking on assignments in the to-do list instead of the content in Modules.