cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrogan
Community Member

too many teachers in a group

Jump to solution

How do I limit the amount of teachers/TA's in a group within a class? I have seven people marked as teacher/TA, but I don't want them all as teachers in a group within the class. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
orwinr
Learner II

Hi  @bbrogan ,

By default, anybody with the teacher role can access any groups that have been created in the course. I believe the default for TAs is the same unless your institution has changed them. Unfortunately, I don't believe you can change access to groups directly as teachers and TAs get that access automatically. Additionally, teachers and TAs don't show up in groups as members, only students have actual group membership.

I do know that you can manage some access using the sections option with people, restricting them to only being able to access students in the sections in which they are assigned. If interested in more about this concept you can read https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13026-415257133 out in the Canvas Guides. I hope this helps, if not continue to ask questions 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
orwinr
Learner II

Hi  @bbrogan ,

By default, anybody with the teacher role can access any groups that have been created in the course. I believe the default for TAs is the same unless your institution has changed them. Unfortunately, I don't believe you can change access to groups directly as teachers and TAs get that access automatically. Additionally, teachers and TAs don't show up in groups as members, only students have actual group membership.

I do know that you can manage some access using the sections option with people, restricting them to only being able to access students in the sections in which they are assigned. If interested in more about this concept you can read https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13026-415257133 out in the Canvas Guides. I hope this helps, if not continue to ask questions 🙂

View solution in original post