cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

trouble submitting assignments

Jump to solution

My son can't seem to get his assignments to submit in canvas. Sometimes they submit, but most of them won't. Some give an error message right away when he tries to submit, other times they seem to go through and then come back with a super long error message. He has seen the front line folks at school about the issue, but the things they've tried have not worked. Any advice? He's using an Ipad.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you all for the follow up. We didn't really figure anything out. I emailed the school contact for the Ipad technology issues and my son went in and saw him late last week and they replaced the Ipad. He has been able to load the Pic Collage app and used it successfully and has submitted assignments successfully. So hopefully it was just some weird issue with that particular Ipad. Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi mcneelya@wbu.com Welcome to the Canvas Community.  You have a very similar question located here: https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/25551-assignments-wont-submit-please-help  Are the two related?  If possible, it would be good to keep both of these conversations in one thread...so that everyone has one place to look.  I've also pinged some of the mobile coaches here in the Community to help out.  Good luck!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi mcneelya@wbu.com‌,

I'm sorry to hear this. A few questions that might help us...

1. Is your son using the Canvas Student app or the mobile web browser? 
  2. If he is using Canvas Student, is it at the latest version? (Version 6.3.1 as of 8/18) 
  3. What are the exact errors? Screenshots would be great, if you have them
  4. Is this happening in multiple places. Example, is this happening at school and at home? Or both? 
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi mcneelya@wbu.com‌, 

I just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to get your questions answered. Please let me know. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you all for the follow up. We didn't really figure anything out. I emailed the school contact for the Ipad technology issues and my son went in and saw him late last week and they replaced the Ipad. He has been able to load the Pic Collage app and used it successfully and has submitted assignments successfully. So hopefully it was just some weird issue with that particular Ipad. Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

mcneelya@wbu.com‌, 

I'm glad to hear there was a solution to his particular issue. Sometimes mobile devices can be tricky where it's just an issue with that particular device. If you notice any other issues, just let us know. Thanks!