turning off text notifications

Jump to solution
trozim
Community Novice

I have turned off the text notifications for assignments in my settings  but it keep texting me. How do I  make it stop? I get multiple text per day. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
valentinesking
Community Coach
Community Coach

Howdy  @trozim ‌,

Thanks for your question. Sign into Canvas via desktop/laptop and go to Account >> Notifications. If you are receiving text messages to your phone, you would see a column on that screen for Cell Number. In this column, you can choose what you want to receive text messages for (as well as what you don't). This is for all of your courses. There aren't settings for individual classes. If you choose to turn off text messages for "Due Date" (for example), you would no longer get text messages related to due dates for ALL of your classes in Canvas.

If you want to get rid of text messages completely from your cell phone, you can go to Account >> Settings. On the right side of that screen, there is an area for Other Contacts. If you click on the trash bin icon next to your cell phone, this would stop all text messages of any kind from being delivered to your cell. This would also remove the Cell Number column from your Notifications screen that I mentioned above.

How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications as a student? 

How do I add a text (SMS) contact method in Canvas as a student? 

How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student? 

If you've taken these steps and are still getting notifications, you might want to reach out to Canvas support to open a ticket. Hope this helps; let us know.

Sky V.

View solution in original post

0 Likes