cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdfullerton
Not applicable

two questions: is there any way to give editing priviliges for a particular page to one user only?

I want to assign a page to each student to use to upload materials in support of his or her research project and visible to all users.  It should be editable by the student and by me.

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

There isn't a way to do this with Pages, but what I've done for things like this is use Collaborations/Google Doc's. Students can then share a "view only" link to their content in a discussion - or you could add everyone's link to a page. OR, you could even embed each student's google doc on an individual page - if you really wanted it on a page.

gabrielle_orsi
Not applicable

Alternately use Discussions. Set up 1+ Discussions; each student can post his/her work there and you can respond. However, be sure to also enable students to edit their Discussion posts.  Students can attach 1 file to each ...

Or if they use Dropbox or a similar service, they can provide links to various items in just 1 post.

One issue here may be that you won't see or have all the various past versions of a post; everyone (including the instructor) will only see the most recent version.

Or... this will be just for you & each individual student, but you could use Assignments. Set the Assignment to "online submission" and specify "text entry" as the only option. The student can then input his/her work into the Rich Content Editor text box provided as shown in this screenshot2017-03-03_0911 

That way you can collect the work... and exchange feedback / comments via the SpeedGrader.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Greetings  @mdfullerton ‌...

We haven't heard from you since you first posted this question at the beginning of March.  I wanted to check in with you to see if you've had a chance to review the responses from  @kona ‌ and  @gabrielle_orsi ‌.  If so, did either of the responses help to answer your question?  Or, are you still seeking assistance with your original question?  If you feel that one of the above replies is "Correct", please go ahead and mark it as such.  However, if you are still looking for help with your question, please post a message below letting the Canvas Community know so that we can continue to help you with your question.  For now, since there hasn't been any new activity in this discussion topic since the beginning of March, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope that this is okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing from you, Mark!