unpublished courses

Jump to solution
csanchez91
Community Member

if i have an unpublished course, but using the course link on published course as shourtcut button, would the link allow students to access the assignment on the unpublished course?

I hope this does not confuse you. . 

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@csanchez91 ...

If I am understanding your question correctly, I see two issues that need to be addressed:

• If you have a link in a published course to content in a non-published course, students would not be able to use that link.
  • Linking from course to course is generally not a good idea.  The reason I say this is that, in most cases, students who are in one course are not also in the other course that an instructor links to.  If there is even one student who is in course "A" but not in course "B", that student will not be able to access the content compared to the rest of the class.  The only way that you can link from course to course would be if all students in course "A" are also enrolled in course "B".

I hope this information will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

@csanchez91 ...

If you publish both courses, then assuming that all students are enrolled in both courses, they would see both courses.  Do both courses have the same content or different content?  If the content is exactly the same in both courses, you might consider cross-listing your courses together.  Essentially what this does is moves the enrollments from one course into the other course...but you can still see which course students were originally in via your "People" page.  How do I cross-list a section in a course as an instructor?  If you aren't able to cross-list courses on your own, you might want to have a conversation with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to see if they would be able to do this for you.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes