cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

upload problems with assignments with MS Edge

For some reason when I submit my homework the format is changed when my instructor looks at it and some times it does not even show up at all. Should I use another program? I use office word but it is online and not downloaded to my pc. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

Sometimes assignments have more than one possible method of submission.  See if the assignment will accept a file upload, rather than a direct submission from word Online.  Even though you are using word online, you should be able to save the file you are working on to your desktop as a .doc or .docx  If file upload submissions are accepted, you can upload that saved file, and the format should be preserved. 

I have had some students struggle with submissions if they navigate away before the upload is complete.  Note the last step in both of the instructions listed above is a confirmation that your file is submitted.  As a part of that confirmation, you can also download a copy to view exactly what your submission looks like.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @TRFULL5811 ...

In addition to the help that you've received from @Steven_S, I would also suggest that you try a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox.  Even though Edge is a supported browser (What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas?), sometimes there can be issues with assignment submissions in Internet Explorer and the Edge browser.  So, using either an up-to-date version of Chrome or Firefox is a better alternative.

I hope this extra bit of information will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

0 Kudos